We are nearing the end of prep for the July 2022 bar exam! Congratulations on making it this far, and good job for all of the hard work you have already completed. We know it can be difficult to stay focused until the end as burnout will start to set in. However, we hope to reduce some of your stress by providing some additional bar exam essay tips for the final stretch.
If you are taking the bar exam in a jurisdiction that administers the UBE (Uniform Bar Exam), then you are familiar with the MEE (Multistate Essay Exam) and MPT (Multistate Performance Test). These are both written portions of the exam which require a different approach than the multiple choice questions in the MBE. While the AdaptiBar MBE Simulator and Prep program focuses on preparing you for the MBE, these tips are intended to provide some extra guidance to the MEE and MPT portions of the bar exam. We recommend you consult your state’s bar examiner’s website to confirm the bar exam administered in your state.
- Tip 1: Be Responsive
- Tip 2: Manage Your Time
- Tip 3: Organized Writing
- Tip 4: Craft a Thorough Rule and Persuasive Analysis
- Tip 5: Be Clear and Concise
- Tip 1: Tests Fundamental Lawyering Skills
- Tip 2: Follow ALL Directions
- Tip 3: Have a Strategy
- Tip 4: Legal Analysis and Reasoning in an Organized Way
- Tip 5: Practice
Final Stretch Tips
- Tip 1: Review, Memorize, and Understand the Law
- Tip 2: Practice, Practice, Practice
- Tip 3: Eliminate Exam-Day Guesswork
- Tip 4: Take Care of Your Well-Being
- Tip 5: If You Need Help, Just Ask
Remember, taking care of your mental and physical health leading up to the exam is just as important as studying. Prepare yourself for success!
We are wishing you the best of luck with the bar exam! You got this!